Author + information
- S1936879815021780-b4fad75f40972692a4c3e08faacb7137Vanessa Marçolla,
- S1936879815021780-1fdf5596db51eb663ec3c7cfe67faebbEdna Santos,
- S1936879815021780-176d024dc1d047c5497ff234c87e743cLuciane Moura,
- S1936879815021780-e31368133b3aefd9997555bbdc743933Evandro Junior,
- S1936879815021780-b9f4756d84c2e66ed57543e7ecdd8af3Gracielli Silva,
- S1936879815021780-cbf1c0750c62e3db63c84bcc91fdb77bLeticia Lisboa,
- S1936879815021780-b0f66dfa5b53416481963f1d3829885dJadson Rodrigues,
- S1936879815021780-b5e6c8a85c05649929a728fc5a6803a8Ivana Aragão,
- S1936879815021780-bd5b3931d050ee243e0c6ec01a6e7738Marcio Canedo,
- S1936879815021780-12c9d8deb5655f190fd7f5db34b7b4ddGeizi Carvalho,
- S1936879815021780-533f5318d7697c982ca1468c7915f4b1Edson Peixoto and
- S1936879815021780-f270e1b54eebbdb1bf09e4a2e0da6a11Izabella Brito
Cardiovascular diseases are the leading cause of death in the world, sudden cardiac arrest is a major contributor to this index. Training reduces the ignorance and fear, increasing safety to recognize that the victim is not breathing properly, so as to trigger the help and start CPR as soon as possible.
To apply a theoretical-pratical trainning of vocational public high school, to work correctly, quickly and safely before a cardiopulmonary arrest, resuscitation maneuvers running efficiently, in order to save lives.
This study was designed as a prospective investigation in all of 1800 students of vocational public high school, between 2012 and 2013. The program of theoretical and practical training lasts 2 hours. Each student attends a lecture with video on the subject for 30 minutes after 30 minutes of classroom practice. Then, using practical training mannequin, which are assessed through a performance checklist. A questionnaire was distributed before the start of training to see if the student had prior knowledge about a rescue in the event of cardiac arrest.
More than 50% did not have any knowledge about the subject. This evaluation showed that after 2 hours of training and analyzed the performance checklists: 85% knew how to perform the procedures call for help effectively, 30% were able to recognize the absence of breathing, 35% positioned themselves and began of chest compressions recommended form.
Students from that school are represented by 90% of adolescents when trained are able to act in the scene of a cardiac arrest, multiply the knowledge to family and community and save lives. However, according to the international recommendations of retraining as an ideal that does not exceed two years.