Author + information
- S1936879815022190-38f9379288aee4a50a9131fa84c4a249Byoung Geol Choi,
- S1936879815022190-83e45353357d710a9dde9c5071cfa225Seung-Woon Rha,
- S1936879815022190-5ad2c1999ed23ad295759ce26e3acbe8Se Yeon Choi,
- S1936879815022190-80e1093da6436e5842089aa7e6953d95Jae Kyeong Byun,
- S1936879815022190-9c435a0efd65710c8b7aa8abcb938bb5Min Suk Shim,
- S1936879815022190-c3d6e0c5e99100c9e57c37b6931960b9Sung Hun Park,
- S1936879815022190-1736ff7ba13b6c46d261811199ef02f5Eun Jin Park,
- S1936879815022190-346953cf0c965d2b5191b126cf773b20Jah Yeon Choi,
- S1936879815022190-0bc642ddaa5478b6037269949b2b8859Jae Joong Lee,
- S1936879815022190-d91ed2c63d50c6f380839a6591f41aa3Sunki Lee,
- S1936879815022190-a40d7c8627938661b77870d969786af2Hu Li,
- S1936879815022190-ba557881026de47c124e10c217357ba7Jin Oh Na,
- S1936879815022190-75651d7c97f1b405cb9898f53b81332dCheol Ung Choi,
- S1936879815022190-8f4a68dbf9c168e3c5b8e0921fc1fdc5Hong Euy Lim,
- S1936879815022190-0917d647c4dd4abf30331a6392c2e02eJin Won Kim,
- S1936879815022190-b218fd237ec3d894d36671745a53ded2Eung Ju Kim,
- S1936879815022190-296ff6d9f84d6c895803c2c14e42681cChang Gyu Park,
- S1936879815022190-ccbdaa58f4378c09033eae0241b12ba5Hong Seog Seo and
- S1936879815022190-2c7637807d41347deaf1951130df7e8bDong Joo Oh
Hypertension (HTN) and its organ damage such as left ventricular hypertrophy (LVH) can lead to worsening heart failure, cardiovascular morbidity and mortality. However, there are limited data regarding the impact of LVH in HTN patients (pts) who underwent successful percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI) with drug eluting stents (DESs) on long-term clinical outcomes.
A total of 1,704 consecutive HTN pts who underwent PCI from 2004 to 2014 were enrolled. The pts were divided into two groups according to the presence of LVH; 1) the LVH group (n=406) and 2) control group without LVH (n=1,298). To adjust for potential confounders, a propensity score matching (PSM) analysis was performed using the logistic regression model. Major clinical outcomes were compared between the two groups up to 8 years.
After PSM analysis, two propensity-matched groups (366 pairs, n=732, C-statistic=0.629) were generated and the baseline characteristics of the two groups were balanced. For up to 3,000 days, the LVH group showed higher incidence of cardiac death compared with the control group. However, there was no significant difference in the incidence of myocardial infarction, repeat revascularizations and major adverse cardiac events between the two groups up to 8 years (Figure).
In this study, hypertensive pts with LVH underwent PCI with DES was associated with higher cardiac mortality up to 8 years and need more careful management and clinical follow-up.