Author + information
- S1936879815020804-d7e49c10f31da6d1147476b09442cbecDiego Arroyo,
- S1936879815020804-6a3bc3df9dba9c4fa2bdba17a2c96757Sara Schukraft,
- S1936879815020804-67f2d6aeca2631e2786da5ba34484fe2Zacharenia Kallinikou,
- S1936879815020804-a7dbf065de561577396feaa1c9da6d79Nils Perrin,
- S1936879815020804-0e75fca960de33137b253c0293977befJean-Christophe Stauffer,
- S1936879815020804-7ab84a361c4eb26d4f24fecc51adbd9dGerard Baeriswyl,
- S1936879815020804-67b3af66b44b8b51e8d9f4e842bdd899Jean-Jacques Goy,
- S1936879815020804-1bf971f33ac68c0044767bfdd3c5da4aMario Togni,
- S1936879815020804-4c61a1b4c048e1ed4324260df7843280Serban Puricel and
- S1936879815020804-0ae74f5c5a757bb417d7db39032cfa96Stephane Cook
To compare endothelium-dependent and -independent vasomotor function and vascular healing 15 months after implantation of 2 new-generation drug eluting stents and biovascular scaffolds (BVS).
A total of 28 patients previously treated with a SYNERGY stent (BP-EES), a PROMUS stent (PP-EES) or an ABSORB (BVS) underwent control coronary angiograph, 15 months after implantation, coupled with optical coherence tomography (OCT) imaging and supine bicycle exercise during 2 minutes at 50 and 100 Watts. Intracoronary nitroglycerin was administered after exercise testing. Coronary vasomotor response was assessed using quantitative coronary angiography at rest, during supine bicycle exercise and after nitroglycerin. The primary endpoint was the percent change in mean lumen diameter of the stented segment compared to baseline. Secondary endpoints were strut coverage and apposition as assessed by OCT imaging.
There were no significant differences in vasomotor response between the 3 treatment groups. Patients with PP-EES showed significant vasoconstriction of the proximal peristent segment at maximum exercise (p=0.02). BVS- and BP-EES treated patients did not show significant vasoconstriction at maximum exercise. BP-EES (4%) and BVS (3%) showed less uncovered struts than PP-EES (14%, p=0.03 and 0.08 respectively).
BVS and thin strut BP-EES have a reassuring vasomotion profile suggesting minimal endothelial dysfunction 15 months after implantation.