Author + information
- Received September 11, 2017
- Revision received January 7, 2018
- Accepted February 20, 2018
- Published online July 2, 2018.
- Akram Kawsara, MDa,
- Iván J. Núñez Gil, MDb,
- Fahad Alqahtani, MDa,
- Jason Moreland, MDa,
- Charanjit S. Rihal, MDc and
- Mohamad Alkhouli, MDa,c,∗ ()
- aDivision of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, West Virginia University, Morgantown, West Virginia
- bCardiovascular Institute, Hospital Clínico Universitario San Carlos, Madrid, Spain
- cDepartment of Cardiology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota
- ↵∗Address for correspondence:
Dr. Mohamad Alkhouli, West Virginia University Heart & Vascular Institute, 1 Medical Drive, Morgantown, West Virginia 26505.
Aneurysmal dilation of coronary arteries is observed in up to 5% of patients undergoing coronary angiography. Due to their poorly elucidated underlying mechanisms, their variable presentations, and the lack of largescale outcome data on their various treatment modalities, coronary artery aneurysms and coronary ectasia pose a challenge to the managing clinician. This paper aims to provide a succinct review of aneurysmal coronary disease, with a special emphasis on the challenges associated with its interventional treatment.
Dr. Moreland has been a new products consultant for and receives reimbursement for related travel expenses from ABIOMED. All other authors have reported that they have no relationships relevant to the contents of this paper to disclose.
- Received September 11, 2017.
- Revision received January 7, 2018.
- Accepted February 20, 2018.
- 2018 American College of Cardiology Foundation
This article requires a subscription or purchase to view the full text. If you are a subscriber or member, click Login or the Subscribe link (top menu above) to access this article.